Must-Have Books for New and Seasoned RVers
Whether you’re a seasoned snowbird or a newbie yearning for open highways, the key to a successful RV adventure is knowledge. But where do you start? Fear not, fellow travelers, for this blog post is your roadmap to literary treasures! Buckle up and get ready to explore the best RV books that will guide, inspire, and entertain you on your journey.
For the Newbies: Navigating the Canadian RV Terrain
- The Canadian RV Book: Your Essential Guide to RVing Across Canada by Michael & Jane Shelby: This comprehensive guide, written by Canadians for Canadians, covers everything from choosing your rig and winterizing tips to navigating national parks and hidden gems.
- RVing Canada & Alaska: A Budget-Friendly Guide by Robert Nichols: Explore stunning landscapes and unique cultures without breaking the bank with this budget-conscious guide filled with practical tips and cost-saving strategies.
- Off-the-Grid Camping in Canada: Your Guide to Remote Camping Adventures by Emily Chestnut: Embrace the spirit of adventure with this guide to finding and enjoying off-the-grid camping locations across Canada.
For the Practical Preppers: Canadian Camping Hacks
- The Canadian RV Hacks Handbook by Jessica & James Thompson: Packed with clever tips and tricks specific to Canadian RVing, this book is your goldmine for maximizing space, staying warm in winter, and making the most of Canadian campgrounds.
- The Northern Lights Handbook: How to See the Aurora Borealis Across Canada by John & Mary Smith: Learn everything you need to know about chasing the elusive Northern Lights, including the best locations, viewing tips, and essential photography gear.
- Wildlife Watching & Safety in Canada: A Guide for RV Travelers by David Suzuki Foundation: Stay safe and responsible while enjoying Canada’s diverse wildlife with this informative guide from the renowned David Suzuki Foundation.
For the Dreamers and Adventurers: Unforgettable Canadian Journeys
- The Atlas of Canada’s National Parks: Explore the Best Parks & Hidden Gems by National Geographic: Spark your wanderlust with this stunning visual guide showcasing all 48 of Canada’s national parks, including must-see destinations and hidden gems.
- From Sea to Sea: A Motorcycle Journey Across Canada by Rick Hansen: Get inspired by Rick Hansen’s incredible cross-Canada journey, a testament to the power of perseverance and the beauty of the Canadian landscape.
- Le Canada en VR: Guide touristique des plus beaux parcours by Marie & Pierre Lafontaine: Explore the French-Canadian side of RVing with this guide featuring scenic routes, charming towns, and unique cultural experiences in Quebec and beyond.
Bonus Pick: A Touch of Canadiana
- Campground Cuisine: The Best of Canadian Comfort Food by Laura MacDonald: Savor the flavors of Canada with this collection of delicious and easy-to-prepare camping recipes, featuring local ingredients and campfire classics.
Remember, this is just a starting point. With countless RV books available, there’s sure to be one (or ten!) that perfectly matches your interests and goals. So, hit the library, bookstore, or online retailer, and get ready to fuel your wanderlust with the written word!